Wednesday, May 4, 2011

When I Grow Up I Want To...

"be a McDonald's worker." That was Daniel's answer for a preschool project the other day. They decorated a picture of themselves and had to put what they want to be when they grow up. When I asked Daniel why he wants to work at McDonald's, his answer was, "Because then I get to decide which kids get toys." At least he's got a plan! :)

Here's another funny story from Daniel. Last night he was telling us that Mrs. Barcelona and Mrs. Kaneshige (his preschool teacher and the aide) are Japanese. Then he goes on to say, "But they don't even know what I am. I'm not Aladdin (Latin), Hispanic, Japanese. What am I? I've got to be something!" So after talking about it, he remembers he's Guatemalan. And of course, his answer is, "Guatemala people are tricky." It was really an interesting discussion. My favorite part though is that he's not Aladdin (Latin). Too funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment