Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday












Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your day spent with loved ones and great food! We had a fairly quiet Thanksgiving. In the moring, we delivered a couple of pumpkin pies to church. Some volunteers from our church were making and delivering Thanksgiving meals to needy families so we contributed some food for the cause. We had a great Thanksgiving meal: ham (we weren't brave enough to cook a turkey), stuffing, mashed potatoes, and veggies. We have LOTS of leftovers. And of course, true to tradition, we all napped in the afternoon. :) Following the afternoon snooze, we all took a ride in Curt's truck to look at some fields. We stopped to see his office. Since I didn't have the camera with me, Curt took a couple of pictures with his phone but we're having trouble getting them off the phone. It was an enjoyable day as a family. We even tested out the webcam and Skype and talked to family in both Iowa and Missouri which was great.

Did anyone get any great deals on Black Friday?!?!!? I ventured out with a couple of friends this morning for awhile. Holly picked me up at 4:15 am, we met another friend, and were at Walmart at 5:00 am. The parking lot was packed, as were all the side streets. Our Walmart is not open 24/7. We did find out though that Walmart stayed open all night so people could shop. However, they couldn't check out until 5:00 am so people were sleeping in the aisles with their loaded carts. Craziness. I found a couple of Christmas gifts but I was mostly just along for the ride.

This afternoon we went to Poipu beach with our friends the Ahmadi's. The kids had a great time playing together. A huge sea turtle was close by so that was cool. I tried to get a picture but it didn't turn out great.

I'm completely exhausted now from a long day. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment