Monday, November 23, 2009

A Week in Review












Sorry I haven't posted anything for the last week! Our computer wasn't working. Luckily, we're back in business. I'll try to update everyone on our happenings for the last week.
The first part of the week we hung around home. It was rather rainy and Hannah was getting over a cold so we stayed close to home.
Thursday afternoon we went with some friends to Little Sprouts Playhouse. Kami and her two boys, Rylan and Damian, have been there before. They've also just finished taking a music class there. Little Sprouts Playhouse is in Kapaa, about a 45 minute drive from our house. It's basically an indoor play area with a small outdoor play area as well. Along with having different classes, they have open play times. The kids had a great time playing with the trains, ride-on toys, playhouse, musical instruments, bubbles, and more. Check out the pictures!
Saturday we went on a tour of the Koala Fire Station. I'm part of a group called the Ohana Mamas who hold different events. So Saturday we joined other families in that group at the fire station. We toured the inside and saw how the firefighters live while they are there. And of course got to check out the fire trucks. The unique thing about fire trucks in Hawaii is that they are also equipped with a surf board in case they have to help with a rescue at the beach. They also have a special truck for going off-road if needed. The biggest hit with Daniel was being able to spray the fire hose. I'm posting pictures from the fire station in a separate post.
After the fire station tour we headed to Lihue and Kapaa to do some Christmas shopping and grocery shopping. We buy a great majority of our groceries at Costco. When Daniel heard we were going to Costco his response was, "Daddy, do you think we should get some samples?" He is definitely his father's son! The boys LOVE getting samples at Costco!
Yesterday, Curt and I taught in the toddler Sunday School class, which is Hannah's class. It was pretty low key and a small group. It worked out well though for our first time teaching at this church. I'm sure we'll be teaching again soon, probably next time in Daniel's Sunday School class.
I can't remember if I had posted that we received our van. It arrived two weeks ago. We're still in the process of getting the registration and license changed over so we still have Iowa plates. Surely, we don't stand out or anything!?!?
I think that's about it for now. I'm hoping to post pictures of our house this week (after the mass of toys is picked up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment