Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend Fun






























Sorry I haven't posted anything all week! I'll try to briefly catch you up on the happenings.

On Tuesday mornings we go to playgroup. It was supposed to be at Salt Pond Beach but it was rainy and dreary day so it was cancelled. Luckily though my friend Holly and her daughter Naiya from playgroup came over to play for a little while. It was fun to have them over. Naiya is about a year and a half. Since we had visitors, Daniel and Hannah thought it would be the perfect time to climb on the coffee table and jump on furniture. Just a little bit of showing off going on . :)

Wednesday night Curt and I went to a dinner party at the Sheraton in Poipu. The party was held by the Knudsen Family Trust. Syngenta leases land from them so that's how we got invited. A high schooler from our church watched the kids and they were very good for her (even went to bed good!). The supper was wonderful and it was so nice to have a night out (even though we didn't know many people).

Friday morning we had a playdate with a friend from church, Kristi, and her kids. She has a son, Ezra, who's two and a half and a daughter Erin, who's 10. Hawaii schools have "Furlough Fridays" on designated Fridays now so that's why her older daughter was also there. After playing in the park for awhile we took the kids to McDonalds.

Oh, I almost forgot! Our container of stuff arrived Thursday morning! Yay!!!! We had mailed and shipped alot of our stuff on our own. Luckily we were able to get all of that unpacked before our container arrived. I've posted pictures of the container and as you can tell, it's not very big. We learned once it got here that our container had busted in route to Hawaii and had to be repacked in Honolulu before coming to Kauai. The first they unloaded and unwrapped was the kids' play kitchen. It's a plastic kitchen set and part of it had come undone and didn't look quite right. I was a little scared that with our container breaking, it would result in alot of our stuff being broken. Luckily, the kitchen was fixed easily and we've only discovered one broken thing.

Friday night and Saturday Curt was in charge of the kids while I went to the Kauai Women's of Faith conference in Kapaa. The conference was good and it was nice to meet some more people. (It was also nice to get away from home for a little while.) Curt and the kids ventured to Costco yesterday and were swimming in the neighborhood pool when I got home.

Today after church we drove up to Waimea Canyon. We packed a picnic lunch and ate at Koke'e State Park on the way to the top of the canyon. After we ate we played ball for a little bit before continuing our drive. The last two lookouts are of the Na Pali Coast, which is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, it was so incredibly foggy at the top, we couldn't see much past the gated visitors area.

That's a run down of our week. The pictures show the arrival of our container, pictures of our time at Waimea Canyon and Koke's State Park, Hannah the chef, and a sampling of some of the lovely roosters and chickens that roam the island.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment yesterday....guess it didn't take. I don't remember what I said. Maybe I want to be invited to Hannah's for dinner. Or maybe I said something about wanting to be invited on a play date. Looks like you are taking in the beauty of the island. Glad you got more of you stuff....I hope it feels like home now. Crops are coming out pretty quickly now and the sun is actually shining. We are getting a taste of October in November...good since we really didn't have much October weather. Take care. Love to all. Peggy

    ReplyDelete